Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Corporate Politics & Opinions... are they as bad as they seem??

Can someone please let me know why it is that so many people are afraid of the truth? I was told yesterday by a certain executive that I was extremely opinionated. On one hand I take it as a compliment on the other as an insult. Why is it that so many people are content with the status quo and do things just because they are "told" its the right thing? I beg to differ. I feel that as people it is our duty to challenge those ideals around us in order to make strides and change the things we do not like. Speak out about the things that don't make sense, and demand answers to questions that are often skirtted around.

I have never been a fan of corporate politics, but yesterday I got a glimpse at it. It has come to my attention that if you walk the walk and talk the talk it will get you where you need to be. Why is it that we can't be rewarded for a job well done and not for the bullshit that comes out of our mouths? Maybe I never learned the gift of gab because I was raised on the morals that one should not lie, no matter how awful the truth may be. Lying gets you no where and the bullshit only gets you so far. I yearn for the day when men are not threatened by opinionated women, and realize that sometimes there are people who are more intelligent than their job title states.

Critisizing corporate behavior has become somewhat a passion of mine. Needless to say I don't have all the answers but sometimes I wonder why money is wasted on certain things. You know what makes employees happy, being recognized for a job well done, and being rewarded. You know what makes employees mad, not rewarding them, yet continuing to demand more and let us sit back and watch the amount of money that gets thrown onto useless projects while we sit without raises or compensations for 3+ years. GREAT FOR MORAL!

Needless to say, the politics are in every aspect of our lives. Wish I could find a job that didn't require it, because lord knows I despise it! So to answer my question about corporate policits, the answer is YES they are as bad as they seem... and my opinions DO make people nervous, but one thing is for sure, I will continue to have them and spew them at any available ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment